[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Fishing technique [was 1500 fish and no Wobblygong]

Fishing technique [was 1500 fish and no Wobblygong]

All about Questing. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. Likely contains spoilers. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Last edited by roxton on 12 Feb 2016 14:22, edited 4 times in total.

You would have seen it, maybe you are just that unlucky! The base stats are something like 1/1000 EVERY TIME so unless you can fish 1000 holes at the same time you are stuck with that 1/1000 chance. Even with the Gulanti that's still pretty high. I am not sure of the exact drop increase he gives, but even if he makes it 2x more likely that's still a 1/500 chance...

That's the thing, I have the vaguest memory of something glow-ey popping out of the water just as I was killed, way back before I'd even heard of the Wobblygong. Could be a false memory. :)

I know the game puts schematics on the world map if you miss one. (Great feature, BScotch!) But I don't know if it does the same for items.

Hmm that is a good question, but have you ever gone back to the grave stone of where you died? Would you not have seen it?

And wouldn't the bork fixer automatically put in your inventory the next session?

The bork fixer doesn't do that for EVERYTHING. It has to be coded specifically for each kind of thing, and I'm not sure if Seth set it up to work for weapons.

It's probably a bit presumptuous to ask, but should I put in a bug report if I fish another 2K with no hits?

You'll probably get it. You can go ahead and submit a report since you think you might have missed picking it up and I'm not sure what the consequence would be. It'll go to Seth, so just state up front that you aren't sure it's a bug and that Adam didn't know the answer, so he doesn't get annoyed ;)

I haven't been so engrossed in a game since... I dunno, Mass Effect. Or maybe King's Quest 4.

Thanks for the amazing game, and for taking time out to speak to my (likely I'll-founded) concerns.

<

Aaand, I found it.
Last edited by Etrusan on 10 Feb 2016 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You should also find the rules in order to know how to use the EDIT BUTTON.

Maybe your just unlucky :(, I already got one and just starting the game I'm in crafting level 7 weapons :). Wish you luck next time!

Next

Return to Crashlands Quests