BUG: Cutting Out the Bad

All about Questing. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. Likely contains spoilers. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
The 2nd part of Oon's quest to rid the Bawg from the Tundra by placing Smashblossom floors over it. Didn't have a problem with this quest on previous plays, but ran into a problem this time, as a Geysir (resource) sits on top of a piece of the Bawg that needs to be covered, and I can't place a floor over a resource.

Quest can't be completed unless all of the Bawg pieces are covered completely.

Erf, @bscotchseth - anything that can be done about this?

It's on the list of things to fix, though so far Seth has had trouble tracking down the problem. Resources aren't supposed to spawn in outposts, but for some reason they still can (just super rarely).

Could the area not be defined as an outpost? You probably already checked that, but hey in case you didn't lol.

Should be fixed in QOL patch.

I don't remember if this quest was very important to progress or not? Is the reward something important (like the next tier saw or pick recipe), or does it end in just a furniture piece, or something not important to continue the game? If it isn't important, I have no trouble finishing out (on Challenging mode now, haven't done Insane yet), but if important reward isn't possible with this quest hung up, maybe I should just start a new one. Anyone remember what reward for finishing Oon's quest is, and does it stop at that step with non-important piece?

I don't think it's a main-line quest, because I've never done it...

Return to Crashlands Quests