Final trigger stone already broken

All about Questing. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. Likely contains spoilers. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
During the Tundra quest 'The Final Trigger - Records of Sorrow', I found the last trigger stone, ran up and broke it. After which, the NPCs say "It has risen!" "Break the stone!", except now there is no stone. I basically got to it before that section of the quest 'activated', I guess. The NPCs are standing around, hitting them does nothing, my quest log only has those two lines of speech recorded. Tried exiting the game and coming back, but I'm still at the point after I already broke the stone.

Any advice/similar findings would be much appreciated, I've played over 40 hours of this game, I don't think I have it in me to start over.

Try exiting to the main menu, then close the page/app.
Then go back on, force sync to cloud.

If this don't work, it's something for the big three.

I think there was a similar problem with the other quest asking to break stones, and if I recall correctly it should respawn over time. Otherwise it's a real problem to solve, and I think it's Shi who's now in charge of Crashlands.

Same here. I'm totally stuck. Game over.

This was a bug in the original version of the campaign, forever ago. Make sure you're on the most recent version of the game, and if you're logged into BscotchID the game will also make sure you have the most recent version of the campaign (though there's absolutely no reason the most recent campaign version wouldn't come with the most recent game version).

I am on v1.2..8 on iOS whatever the latest is. This is absolutely still an issue. Assuming I am running the most recent version of the campaign, is there a workaround. What was the fix in the original version? Since this other person who started this thread had the same issue just a few days ago, it sounds like a very real bug...

You'll have to submit a bug report, which you can do at http://contact.bscotch.net . @BscotchShi is now maintaining the game, so he'll be the one who tries to sort it out!

Sorry for assuming that everything is fine -- once we fixed the problem every single new report about it was either from someone who was still on the old version, or from someone who didn't follow the quest properly. To my knowledge that quest hasn't been changed for 9 months, which is why I'm surprised that there is a bug there!

This just happened to me and I'm not sure how to proceed. I'll file a bug report and hope for the best!

I was planning on doing an insane run, so maybe it's a good excuse to start that.

EDIT: Ah yup I'm an idiot, the stone will just respawn like any other resource. Just do other stuff and come back, you'll be good to go!

The final trigger will respown. I had the same issue and after 10~12 hours the trigger was there again. i dont know if the fact that i logged in and out several times from the game in a desperate attempt to make it respown helped acelerating the process, but my version is 1.2.8 and teu trigger respowned

Return to Crashlands Quests