Bscotch Guild

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
Seth and I picked up Guild Wars 2 again, recently, and are contemplating setting up a Bscotch guild. It would be a super low-key thing with the goal of having the same sort of positive, chilled atmosphere that we're striving for in the general Bscotch community.

This isn't a sure thing, since we'll have to decide if we want to play the game a significant enough amount of time to warrant it, but the more interest there is the more likely we'll do it!

So then: have you any interest in joining the Bscotch community within GW2? If there are other games or platforms on which you want to set up a similar "interest group," this would be a good place to talk about it (and share handles) as well.

Damn that could be awesome!
If I hadn't a lot of games to play right now.

Wouldn't you do a Cabal on The Secret World?
The gameplay is somewhat similar to Guild Wars 2 but the story takes place in the actual world, with three "factions" (Illuminatis, Templars, Dragons), nice story and good to excellent writing (in my opinion), PLUS investigation missions, which are awesome but extremely hard.

On a more serious note though, if there are some people up to it, I think I would buy the game and join you :)

I'd be on the same fence. If some more folks joined in Id be down, though I'd need to get a copy and also convince my gaming buddy to do the same. What about a more casual game like Heroes of the Storm? Hehe.

I'm not too fond of MOBAs and similar thingies... I'm not strategic enough and I like to play for fun.
However that could be fun.

Guild wars 2 is actually pretty casual. It has no subscription fee, so you can pick it up and drop it whenever you like without bringing CASH into the equation!

EXCEPT WHEN YOU FIRST BUY IT.

Playing it right now :D

Would love to join in unfortunately I don't think my graphics card is good enough...

What is your Graphics Card?
The game requirements are pretty low for this game. A correct desktop PC from 2009-2010 (material release date, entry parts for gaming) should be enough.

Personally I ran it more or less correctly with an old Core 2 Duo E7500 (a good/correct processor of the 2009 generation), a GTS250 and 2GB RAM.
If you don't speak computer parts, it was correct/good in 2009-2010 (but not that awesome). Now I can't run any 2014-2015 games.

To compare, my laptop has a Haswell I5 processor that is faster than my desktop one, and a Geforce 820M which is almost as good as my desktop GC (at least from what GPU-Z told me on The Witcher 2, which run acceptably on the lowest setting on both)

Well I only have some intel graphics card in my laptop don't know what it's exact specs are but it's pretty bad.

otherwise 6gb of ram and an intel i3 processor should be enough for the game but my graphics card really holds it back...

Indeed, this could be a problem.
After some googling, it should run acceptably if you've a 3rd or 4th (Haswell) gen Intel Core i3
At least if you accept low settings and a probably not great framerate.

Return to Off Topic