I need some English-as-a-second-language volunteers

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Adam, I volunteer I can do Dutch.

Language
Dutch (Du)

Lower Case
qwertyuiop
asdfghjkl
zxcvbnm

Upper Case
QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNM
-/:;()$&@.,?!',
[]{}#%^*+=_\|~<>€£¥

They Keyboard

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... en.svg.png

(By the way my lower case, and upper case are from a IPad!. Not with a normal PC keyboard.)
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 30 Sep 2015 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double posts and use the edit button instead :) (top right of each of your posts)

Looks like standard QWERTY (plus a few characters), so it's already covered by the others!

Well, if you need me for any other translating, I am here to help.

Thanks! We'll want to start doing some localization stuff in the future, but that will all for sure be after the Crashlands launch. We don't want to delay it any further!

To detail a bit:
Crashlands' campaign won't be localize-able but the texts about the objects, monsters and such (put in the "Compendium") will be crowd localized, with a great system (that doesn't exist apart from an idea I think?).

That about covers it. AND. The Creator will allow dialog to be in pretty much any Western or Eastern European language. Character and place names use a hand-made font, so those will only be supported by standard ASCII.

Hey @bscotchAdam I'm missing a few characters in BSID messaging. Ó, ó, Ň, Ť, Ď. Also ´ and ˇ should be "fixed" and appearing with the character. So you press ´ and letter o and it shows ó. No idea if it's even possible to do.

I don't think we can do those two-character->one-character conversions without manually coding all of them. So for now we'll just have to leave it rough around the edges. I'll get those missing characters added to the keyboard for the next patch, though.

Hey :)
Not sure if there will be any demand for that one but why not..

NOTE: it's rtl language so might not be supported

Language
Hebrew (HE)

Lowercase
/'פםןוטארק
ףךלחיעכגדש,
ץתצמנהבסז.

There is no uppercase version.
Holding shift yields same result as English(US) keyboard

Thanks! But yeah, RTL adds some complications... I'll try to get language support expanded to that sort of thing in the future, but that won't be for a while.

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion