Anyone do anything music related?

Need to get something off of (or onto) your chest? Set it free!
We spend a lot of time chatting about video games and such, but i wanted to know if any of you play an instrument (a change of pace plus music is always nice) and if so for how long, if you want to share.

I sort of play piano, used to take lessons and play in my spare time when I could, but nothing seriously.

I do own an electric guitar and I reeeeeeeeeally want to learn how to play it. Reminds me I need to save up for Rocksmith, but that cable is stupidly expensive in Australia. :/

Nope :/
Not a musician. I got a semester with chorus singing an PC electroaccoustic composition or somethign, that's all.

Can totally play the heck out of a recorder :lol: back from 4th grade.......

I occasionally work on music for the videos that I make and just for fun. My buddy and I used to be in a band for a few years and I really miss playing in front of folks.

You can check out my stuff on Soundcloud at these links:
https://m.soundcloud.com/americangirlreporter
https://m.soundcloud.com/whatisdeadwait

@MeaKitty Why not just try and self train? I mean it's no formal training but at least it puts use to it! There are so many tutorials on youtube.

I'm actually not really good at training myself. I can't follow a tutorial to save my life. Even with art I learn by watching then doing. I know some basics, my friend taught me a bit here and there, and I can play a few tunes. But I'd rather just throw myself into it, and Rocksmith makes it look so fun. And I love games like Beat Hazard where you have to work with the music track. So... ~shrugs~ Otherwise I seem to have no will to learn it at all. XD

I spent half my life in competitive drumlines and music. Just this month (I'm 27) I decided "screw all these programming jobs, I'm gonna try my hand at producing". We shall see. It's fun to listen to my train wrecks so far. I probably won't laugh as hard if I'm this bad in 10 years :)

NICE!
Good luck! :)

Return to Off Topic